Patricia by Patricia

Patricia by Patricia
Patricia by Patricia

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Partying with No Purpose

 


If you are anything like me and the rest of the world, you have been isolated for the last 3 years. I really appreciated the time to slow down and re-evaluate. I had time for yoga, for reading books, and doing my taxes early.  No parties meant no small talk, no indigestion from overindulgence, no hangovers. BUT NO FUN!

Now I am ready, mask in hand, to gather to celebrate our survival and to be reminded that we need more than one other human in a room that is not a zoom.  I am having a private cookie frosting party to prepare for my reception and the annual SDVAN holiday party, this year at the Cardiff by the Sea Library (Wed. Dec 14th). I am helping to prepare the Encinitas Friends of the Arts Membership appreciation party at the Encinitas Ballet Academy (Dec 8th). We have even started to plan the 20th Anniversary party of San Diego Visual Arts Network with Synergy Arts Foundation, our sister organization next September 16th, a big bash for our double decade.

But it will be a quiet Thanksgiving for me with only my husband Darwin and hopefully a pair of duck breasts. One more chance to give thanks for a loving relationship that sustains our lives and makes all the fun possible.

With our wishes that you are with people special to you and that you are grateful for every breath.
With added wishes for a world that is tolerant and peaceful and full of art.
With additional gratitude to all those that supported the San Diego Visual Arts Network with their kind donations in 2022 both in-kind and financial.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for writing. We read every comment and review it.
Unfortunately, if your comment is anonymous it will not be made public.