- To promote neighborhood preservation – CREATING VIBRANT ART PROJECTS FOR NEIGHBORHOOD builds PRIDE through BRANDING and the creation of ARTS DISTRICTS in communities, like North Park, South Park, Oceanside, Carlsbad, National City, Chula Vista, Encinitas, NTC Liberty Station, Vista, Escondido, Fallbrook, Barrio Logan/East Village.
- To strengthen fire protection - EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PROGRAMS for artists for example those by Synergy Arts Foundation which supplies education and funding for artists affected by the fires
- To promote public safety - ARTS PROMOTE SAFETY by keeping a dangerous element off the streets by giving them a purpose, creating after school, healing arts and veteran programs
- To improve libraries and parks - ARTS PROGRAMS in the PUBLIC LIBRARIES throughout the district and PUBLIC ART in the parks are great enhancements to our community. LIBRARIES ARE THE NEW CULTURAL CENTERS in their community that utilize the arts (visual, performing. literary, culinary, healing arts). The Encinitas Library, Carlsbad Libraries and new downtown Library are a prime example, which uses the arts to increase attendance for all ages and for life long learning.
protect our coastline and open space – ARTS TAPS INTO EMPATHY with Programs like Sea Changes: Act
(Part of the DNA of Creativity project) to draw attention to areas that
need improvement like plastic pollution and sustainable fishing.
- To preserve and promote initiatives to sustain our environment - ARTS PROGRAMMING for environmental issues includes recycling, food banks, and shining light on issues like climate change.
- To promote quality schools and opportunities for all to succeed - ARTS EDUCATION is fundamental to prepare our students of all ages for the challenges of an innovation based economy